Last Updated on 26 February 2016 by Marie Davis
What do parents need to know about the Kidizoom
This is technically not really a smart watch as it doesn’t have GSP tracking or voice calling but it does call itself a smartwatch and here are some of the reasons why your kids will love this device. It is designed for kids ages 4 to 7. You can use it to take photos and video, that you can edit and add fun effects. It lets you change the display to more than different 50 clock face designs. It also features a voice recorder with five wacky voice-changing effects as well as being equipped with both an alarm and a timer. With typical usage the battery should last for 2-3 days or 1 day on heavy usage if the watch is turned off when not in use. This watch also comes with an alarm with a selection of tones and animations, countdown timer, stopwatch, a Parental Control to limit the amount of game time per day to either 30 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes, or no time limit.
A USB port allows parents and the child to transfer photos and videos to a computer.
Back to: Smart Watches for Kids Buying Guide
What features do parents love?
- The educational games for kids to play
- It is engaging enough to keep kids busy for long periods of time
What Features do kids love?
- Kids love the camera that allows them to take photos and record video.
- Kids also love the voice recorder that allows them to change the sound of their own voices and give them special effects.
- Touch screen
What do parents think could be improved?
- It should be waterproof, instead of just splash proof
- Not as durable as it should be, some users have found that it broke when dropped
- It could do with a few more built in games to keep kids interested